My Writings. My Thoughts.

Sachin and the World Cup hype!

On » Wednesday, February 9, 2011 //
Share
I am writing this post when it is just less than ten days left for cricket's biggest carnival to take place on the subcontinent. I was just surfing through the news channels. And was astonished to see how pathetic the 'special' coverage were on each news channel. 

(Courtesy: Internet)
Theres so much hype around the Indian team. I mean just look at the ads! Captains walking on the ropes, and Dhoni falling midway but ultimately reaching the Cup! I have failed to understand the hype around Sachin Tendulkar. I am a die hard fan of that man. And even the fellow cricketers talking about "Sachin ka sapna pura karenge!" The news channels going ga-ga over "Sachin ka world cup!" 

Come on Guys Why are we building up so much pressure around him? Sachin is mentally tough, I am sure about the fact that he is not new to this media frenzy but making a tamasha out of this just for the sake of a few TRPs is really disgusting! Just attributing this world cup win for Sachin might backfire on the Indian Team itself! Why cant we just pray for a good game of Cricket and leave the God alone...?

My Videos. Featured videos.

My photos. Now you know me.

Browse Flickr

My lifestream. Stay updated with me.

There was an error in this gadget

My favblog. Feeds from them.